Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's getting a little easier


Wow... it's amazing what you can do on so little sleep. But seriously, things have been getting better. Last night Moriah and I got several hours each. She was gracious and let me have 6, getting only 4 herself. It is still amazing to think that just a few short days ago, she was inside of Moriah. We can't get over how cute she is (is it just us or is she totally cute?) and all the adorable little faces she makes. God is truly an awesome Creator.

If you all would keep praying for us, we would really appreciate it. We had our at-home visit this morning from Sue Bixby and it was extremely helpful. We found out why she was losing so much weight (almost a pound since birth) and why she wasn't sleeping or feeding correctly. It was nice to get answers to some of those questions and Charis is finally eating and sleeping regularly. We are still getting used to her little appetite, but eventually things will even out... we hope.

As I reflected on her eating, the truth of 1 Peter 2:2 really hit home. We are to long for the pure spiritual milk of God's word as our newborn Charis longs for her food. If she doesn't get it, she starves and would eventually perish, just as we would perish without God's word. And, just as she is satisfied with every swallow, so we are satisfied as we digest what God tells us each spiritual meal.

Well, I've got to get back to fatherhood. Until next time...



This is her, "What just came out of me?" puzzled look.



The four generations together.





Her first "look"... Zoolander would be proud.

3 comments:

a said...

Wow. That "look" shot ... that is definitely a keeper Josh! O, and yes, she is Very cute. Congrats and keep giving that glory to Him.
Love ya bro,
-Ben

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh n' Moriah!
I was so excited to hear how well everything is going for the both of you, ecuse me, all three of you. Thank you for the updates! I'll continue to pray. "You are worthy, O Lord, to recieve all glory and honor and power; For You created all things, and by your will they exist and were created." Thank you for your hearts. I pray that God will continue to give you the grace to bear your burdens and honor Him.

~Brittnee

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh and Moriah! Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person. She truly is a bundle of joy. Keep this blog up! I love all the updates and pictures! Miss and love you all.

Love,
"Great Aunt" Nikki
(oh my... I'm 21 and a great aunt! ha)