Monday, September 04, 2006

Day 4 and still awake


We are now on day four of Charis's little life. She is so precious. I could say I am wasted from the loss of sleep and exausted by all the work of maintaining a newborn, but I'm really not. We've been able to sleep a little here and there, but we're having so much fun with her I don't even notice that I'm tired, unless Charis falls asleep... then I'm out.

Right now Moriah and Charis are taking a little nap. Charis has been doing great with feeding and being a good little girl while I change her. The diapers have been a little gross, but after seeing her born, I think I have a new definition of what gross really is.

We had her check-up this morning and the doc said that she looks great. No jaundice (is that how you spell it?) and the normal amount of weightloss for a newborn. She is actually sleeping too much now and, as you can see in the picture, she can hold her own head up, in certain positions. There are so many things that could be freaking us out right now, but with the classes we've taken and the support from friends and family, we feel confident to take on these early stages of parenthood. We'll have to wait and see about the other stages ;-)

We are so excited God has brought this little one into our life. As He guides us through this
time, we are growing more and more confident that God will provide and take care of us all, no matter what. So, until next time, enjoy the pictures...






4 comments:

dreamer said...

Josh and Moriah-

She is so adorable. Congrats on being parents- and I hope you enjoy the journey.

Meegs

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Huffs! Janelle and I are so excited for you. Charis is beautiful.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Josh and Riah,

I miss all three of you already! I'm so proud of my little niece already holding her head up! Keep the pictures coming! Love you all!

T

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO gorgeous!! I can't decide who she looks like, although i must say i noticed the very Moriah-like blonde hair :) it's ok Josh, i'm sure a little of you will show up later ;P CONGRATULATIONS again and again!! You must be so proud, and you should be! A beautiful little girl!

~BeCcA sTrAnD~