Thursday, October 26, 2006

New Diapers and Prayer Requests

Life has been very interesting for us lately. Moriah and I have been feeling a strong burden to pray for our house to sell. Even though it isn't a "seller's market" and this is typically the worst time of year to sell a home, we know God can do anything. We have also enlisted the prayer support of our church. We prayed as a youth ministry last night about it in our prayer meeting and we are anticipating what God will do. Even now we have a few offers to rent our house until it is sold which is the next best thing to selling it. It takes care of most of our mortgage payment while still allowing us to keep the house on the market.

As for everything else, most of you know by now that the church is voting on establishing a few new positions in our constitution. One of those is a pastoral assistant. If it passes (and we are praying that it will), the elders have decided to ask me to fill that role for the next 2 years. This is a dream come true for Moriah and I. We have desired to serve in ministry at FVBC every since I finished high school and to do so in this capacity is perfect at this time. We are both grateful to stick around here for a while, not just because of the church home we love, but also because we'll be close to both sides of the family.

Charis is doing great too. She moved into her next size of diapers today. I can't believe how big she is getting. Her old diapers (the Newborn size) were starting to fill up rather quickly. After leaking through two of them, we decided to bump her up to the next level. She is so cute and I hope you enjoy the pictures.



She's a lot more excited about her full diaper than we are



"Hi everyone... I'm the cutest ever!"



"Haha, I peed on your bed. Whatcha gonna do now?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY SMIDGE!!! Those pics are adorable!! I love the one of her smiling! And yeah bigger diapers! Moriah said she thought Ris would need them soon! I'll be praying about your house guys! I pray God's Will will be done. And I'm glad to that you will be sticking around for the next 2 years too. Afterall... I do kinda like you! LOVINGS!!

T

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you too.

Ella peed on my bed twice. DOWN COMFORTER mind you. They are hard to clean. She was trying to tell me to clean her litter box...

graceling said...

Charis is getting cuter by the day, if that is possible!

Praying for you guys, the house, the job, and all.

And looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks and 2 days!

Matt and Alicia DeWever said...

Where will you live if yor house sells?
~Alicia
And yes, Charis is so cute (Cuter than my nephew, if I may say.. who bears a likeness to a rooster, which I did too at that age, so...)

Anonymous said...

My word you have a beautiful child!

So jealous!