Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The eye-contact is finally here

Moriah had her first really great experience with eye-contact with Charis. She picked her up at the g-parents house and Charis turned to her, locked on, and gave her a huge smile. She was so excited. I'm glad she is focusing better and starting to understand what she is looking at. She seems to like our ceiling fan that is two-stories up and loves lights.

Her feedings are going swimmingly. Moriah is the greatest wife ever. She feeds Charis at night and is gracious enough to let me sleep so I can be rested for my day. There's not really a lot I could do anyway, but I'm glad she lets me sleep. Charis is another matter though. She hasn't been too bad the past few days. She coos a lot and makes her little noises, but nothing major. She isn't fussy either. She only cries when she is hungry. I am amazed (and still waiting for this to kick in) that she doesn't cry when her diaper is dirty or when she is falling asleep. The learning to put herself to sleep is finally paying off.

Only a few days 'til apple picking when she meets the whole family. We are excited to take her to the same orchard Moriah went to when she was just a few months old. It's a great tradition our whole family enjoys.

Well, bed-time is upon us...



Someone likes the camera



Daddy - daughter bonding time on the changing table



Just gettin' used ta her crib yo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those of you who care, check out the bug print in her crib. Isn't it adorable? I love it!

Anonymous said...

I get to experience the eye contact first hand tomorrow!! YAY!! Love you all!! See you soon!

graceling said...

Eye contact... something we so take for granted until that first time we have real, meaningful, look-into-my-soul-and-see-how-much-I-love-you eye contact with our baby.

Hooray for you! Enjoy your eyeballin'!