Wednesday, May 30, 2007

To God Be the Glory, thoughts on Na

Wow! What a weekend. I can't believe I received so much in so little time. There are so many precious memories from the past few days that I'm sure I'll be writing. CJ challenged us in the last session to pick one thing that impacted us to put into practice right away, so here is my main application.



John Piper spoke to us about God's main pleasure, Himself, and a pen-ultimate pleasure, our obedience. One statement that really stood out to me was, "Don't waste your life making yourself look good. Spend your life making God look good." Piper said we needed to be a telescope that others could look through to see a huge God in terms they could understand. We need to make the huge God knowable through our actions. Instead, we typically act as a microscope, make our insignificance look big. I was convicted of making myself bigger than I ought and taking away from the glory I should be reflecting to God. Needless to say, I will not look at my motives behind leading worship and serving our great God the same. If you want to hear the very impactful messages, they are free online from www.sovereigngraceministries.org . Just click on the big picture of John Piper on the homepage.


I hope I revel in God's mercies anew because of this weekend. I trust God will continue to work His will in my broken vessel. I have to say, it was an awesome experience to sing Amazing Grace and Holy, Holy, Holy with 3,000 other deep thinking, like-minded individuals. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Bob Kaughlin and his sons Devon (lead guitar/ vocals) and Jordan (on drums) leading us in worship

No comments: