Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Camp, Future Grace, and Harry Potter

I know it has been forever since I've updated my blog, however, I hope you've been keeping up with the family blog at ahufflife.blogspot.com . God has been so good over the past few weeks. I have been greatly challenged in some areas of my life and convicted in others. Here is one of the highlights.

At summer camp this past month I was confronted with a nagging tendency of my heart to always want to be in control. Many things happened throughout the week which tried my patience and threw my plans for a loop. It took a little while, but eventually I rejoiced in what God was teaching me through these little trials. He has been so faithful to conform me to the image of His Son in whatever way He sees fit, and I trust He will continue.

Speaking of continuing and looking to the future, I have had the privilege of teaching through Piper's book, Future Grace in our Sunday School this summer. I has been great refreshing my mind with truths about the Debtor's Ethic, Anxiety, Free Grace, and Pride which Piper hits on in the first few sections of his book. The students seem to be grasping the concepts well and I hope their minds will begin to change with the new perspectives Piper is introducing to us. I am continually amazed at the way God uses simple men to impact the world. I hope all of our prayers is that God will be able to spread His Kingdom more through us simple creatures.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll try to update a little more often now that the craziness of camp is over.

One more little nugget of joy. Moriah and I are very much looking forward to our movie tonight. Yes, we are going to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. We've been looking at previews and are hoping for a great time. It will be a little sad to be away from our cute baby, but date nights are always fun, especially when Harry is involved. Talk at ya later...

1 comment:

Eryka said...

YAAAYYY Harry Potter!