Friday, March 07, 2008

False Alarm, and notes on the picture from last week


The false alarms for labor have officially begun. Moriah is getting a little perturbed at everyone asking her how she's feeling every 5 minutes, but that comes with the territory when you are within 2 weeks of the due date. My dad is also freaking out a little because our Men's retreat is tonight and he keeps thinking that I will be unavailable because of the baby, which could still very well happen. I'm just ready for this kid to come out so we can get on with it. I feel like everything in my life is on hold until she arrives, so I'm excited for whenever she comes. The kids in youth group are guessing I'll get the call from Moriah while I'm singing during the first session of the retreat tonight. That would be kinda fun, but I hope that everything will wait 'til Saturday afternoon after my responsibilities for the weekend are officially over.

Here's a note about the picture from last time. I think that new title to Joel Osteen's book perfectly sums up what his ministry is all about. If you've ever heard him speak, you'll find it is hard to see a difference between him and a regular motivational speaker. Perhaps he'll throw half of a scripture verse, out of context of course, in there to make it sound like a real sermon, but that's like throwing a bit of sugar into a pile of dirt and calling it a dessert. The real danger of his ministry is how it treats all the symptoms, like depression, loneliness, and lack of success, without treating the problem of sin. Perhaps if he taught from the whole council of God, he would notice that when the problem of sin is taken care of, those other so called issues pale in comparison to knowing Christ fully and understanding His forgiveness and grace. So, if you are interested in becoming your own savior, I recommend Joel Osteen. If you are interested in Christ being your Savior, I recommend the Bible.

6 comments:

elj377 said...

Whew...I was a little worried about that picture! I can't stand Joel Olsteen and his "happy Christian" talk. A mark of a really good book on the Bible or spiritual things does not have the picture of the author so big his fake white smile blinds you! In fact when I go to stores and see the book displayed I turn them around!
Good luck with the 2nd delivery! Be aware it may not take as long as Charis did!

LEST WE FORGET said...

We are praying for Moriah and you too on this side of the tracks. Andrew was highly impressed with your statement regarding Joel Osteen. He wanted to know if you had it copyrighted or could he use it!! He was preparing a talk with you if you were thinking differently regarding the previous entry :)).

We'll keep checking back for the further updates.

P.S. From one previous birthing family to another...pretend NOT to be anxious...the baby always know when you are and will stay in until you are past your due date ON PURPOSE just to drive you crazy. If you go about your day like your not even pregnant, the baby is more than likely to come out so she can get more attention that way.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, make your requests known unto God" Philippians 4:6

Christy for the Shu Clan in SC

Josh Huff said...

Thanks for the encouragement. That picture is one of many from a blog entitled myfakeposters.blogspot.com . I'm not sure if it is copyrighted or not. You could ask the blogger from that site. Hope that helps. Later...

LEST WE FORGET said...

I'll let Andrew know about the picture, but he was really referring to your "statement" because it was so good. Words like that are powerful and truly come from the Holy Spirit.

Continue taking the stand for our precious Lord and Savior.

Until then, we eagerly await for the "newest" cousin/2nd cousin...or however that works.

Christy

Josh Huff said...

Thanks again for the encouragement. My comments are not copyrighted, so feel free to use them as you see fit.

Eryka said...

haha! I was also worried when you had the Joel Olsteen book posted, without comment. I have not read the book but what I do know about him is enough for me to know to beware. Also, you have a beautiful family.