Thursday, March 13, 2008

An Early Morning


As I sit here in my office, early to work by half an hour, I ponder my morning. I had agreed to be a debate judge for some of our homeschooler families today, and I needed to be in Naperville (about 20 miles away) at 8:30 this morning. So I woke up early, got all spiffed up to look professional, and left at around 7. As I pulled onto I-88 at around 7:30, I double checked my directions and noticed, in bold type, "Thank you for volunteering to be a judge. We are expecting your arrival at 8:30 am on Thursday, March 20th." What?! Today is the 13th of course, so, after feeling mildly retarded and regretting the extra 2 hours of sleep I missed this morning, I got off at the next exit and made my way to work. At least I'll get to clean up my office a little bit more and I won't be so far away if Moriah goes into labor.

Speaking of labor, I am so pumped. Waiting for "the call" from Moriah is kinda like holding a lottery ticket and waiting for the numbers to be announced later that day, except I know I already won. As soon as she goes, I'll try to keep this blog up to date with all the fun details and pictures of the new baby. For now, Moriah and I are catching up on long term projects of cleaning and organization.

Speaking of organization, it had fun cleaning out our Youth Ministry filing cabinet yesterday. It was interesting to read my own senior profile I filled out 8 years ago when I was a senior in High School (I feel old sometimes). It was encouraging to see that my goals back then of being a pastor are still being worked towards. God has been so faithful over the years and I'm looking forward to where He leads our little family next.

Speaking of next, I'll post some more next time. Later...

1 comment:

Eryka said...

It seems you and Grace did similar things that week. She wrote about how she dragged Abigail out of bed at 6am, dropped her off at daycare, and was on the road to work when she realized that she was one day ahead on her schedule and did not have to do that routine until the next day.