Monday, November 06, 2006

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Well, I am officially the new Pastoral Assistant for the associate pastor of children, youth, and adults. The vote to establish the position was on Sunday and it passed, praise God. Today was my first official day and I am very much looking forward to working for at least the next two years at Fox Valley Bible Church. God has been so good above and beyond all we could ask or imagine. My responsibilities are largely similar to what I was doing before, but with more of an emphasis on discipleship and more full-time.

We are also moving. The church was gracious enough to offer us the large apartment in the Mission's House. We were blown away when we first heard the offer, but it meets our needs perfectly and we are so thankful God provided it. Now we just wait and see when God sells our house. Even in this terrible houseing market we have 3 very possible prospects for buyers for our house. We are praying that one of them works out in the near future. Whatever God decides, that's the best move for us. So the next two weeks are full of packing and moving and youth events for us. We are loving life right now and so pleased to be moving on to this next chapter of our lives.

Thanks for all of your prayers and encouragement. Don't worry, more pictures of Charis are coming soon (I know you read this only to see how she's doing). Anyhoo, that's all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! I couldn't be happier! Good luck with moving and all...I know first hand how tough that can be, so I hope everything goes super smoothly for you! Remember to let the post office know you moved!

Anonymous said...

Hurray!!!!!

God works in the best ways for those who love him.

I am so happy for your relief!

Love you guys, we'll be there to help you move!

graceling said...

Yea! Every good and perfect gift...

Can't wait to see you Sat.!